Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm back, but without any bang

Long ago, there existed a blog, which couldn’t get updated due to my laziness. I happened to procrastinate a lot; I’m planning to change that habit of mine and I’m starting my quest with this blog. Now, one may think as why I need to change this, for whom. Well, then the reply is pretty clear. I’m doing this for myself, only. It is amazing what you can do when time seems to be as abundant as a grain of sand in a beach. It amazes me for sure. This makeover is because of that and is dedicated to that, the glory of loafing, the pleasure of bumming around. After all if you couldn't frig around all day what else is there to do in the moments you happen to get for yourself? The only reason I have time is because of me, because I exist so why should most of it be spent for people I care nothing about and not on what I really want to? sounds narcissist ?? Well, it probably is.

I don't believe in altruism. It is sure a wonderful and glorious idea, the only slight hitch is that it works only when everyone has the same idea. Not one time in my knowledge has that ever happened; most social morals are like that. Human society isn’t integrated enough to work as single unit, and is not equipped to do so; some crude forms do exist though like in the military they are just that crude.

Group mind is just as marvelous and achingly impossible dream to achieve. I do want that more than anything .That doesn’t mean I m settling for anything less , society, culture ,relationships, marriage, love even can't substitute for that. Either will have it all or none at all .I don't want the crumbs when the whole damn cake is out there. If that means I have to be self centered, that’s just fine.

Green seemed just the color which fit the mood while I was designing so I guess that sticks. The design as such was just mechanical coding easily done while the mind pleasantly wanders around illogically thinking of what to “Write” .What got me really sweating was the title and the description .I m not creative and my hold over any language least of all English is tenuous at best, my ill disguised contempt for all forms of sensory communication is already quite evident and I have written here in a excellent soup of a article as it befits the topic. For the nth time I felt the lack of the words of expression which compounded by my ignorance of the medium made it quite difficult to think up an apt title.
Even after spending an hour it doesn't really satisfy me but it is best I could do and the dictionary too isn't much help. The sort of dictionary most times I and most people need is not expression of words but words of expression. If it was just for me or someone who really understood me the title would have been blank .There would have been need to tell anything ( I tried that ,unfortunately leaving that space blank isn't a option on blogger had to fill something which might as well have been something I meant ) Besides the whole point of this exercise of blogging is to be try to articulate what I think in the wild hope that maybe the language is indeed sufficient and I sorely lack the competency to use it for my purposes, views are subject to change after all. To assume something without testing is not only foolish but so patently idiotic that it isn't worth a mention.

The description seemed quite easy after the title. What is bath tub when you have just had swim in the sea? Again the dictionary failed me quite admirably, it showed my dozens of words I never had a clue existed for the simplest of concepts never what I wanted. The only reason I put with it is that maybe I will have use for one of those words someday somewhere. Nothing is really useless , that motto is quite dangerous ,it has filled my brain with junk I could do without ,hidden in that junk are nuggets of gold I do really want to know ,whether it is worth the price is a matter of perspective, I think it is. I couldn't think of a single description that would fit all that is here other than the obvious one that they are all works of mine, sometimes there is no choice but to state the obvious and to look stupid.

Never before I felt the need for punctuation ( the word brings me the memories of exercises I had to do wherein I had to fill up the missing symbols in the given text from the yesteryears of English learning at school- that’s the only times I used them consciously ) the only punctuation I use custom made "... "for all sorts of pauses I only use that that is attributed to practice of short messaging on a non qwerty keypad, the key for punctuation is only one you have to press repeatedly on it to get all the punctuation marks dot comes on the first press to save time and the keypad I use only "... " For all punctuation marks people understood too . They just put the appropriate one in their mind while reading, considering all the abbreviations used this is quite reasonable. That stuck here too , it is quite easy to write that way but to my disappointment the same people can't read this type of writing on a larger screen while they can on a small one, I made a conscious attempt to use the marks in this one although still might have some lingering effects.

I don’t know what I’m writing, so I’m stopping here; taking a break, until I’ll be back with something more concrete in the subject line.

Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

*tunes herself* hehe..

Welcome back - minus the bang ;)

Kudos to ur punctuation, u write without being worried abt the carpel tunnel syndrome (that troubled the likes of James Gosling) =P

Keep it up :) tc!

Mr Absconding said...

so true...everyone seems to understand almost everything on a smaller screen!!!

and coming to "altruism"......i think this word is used by only those who want to hide their selfishness...and they quote it as their quality of unselfish concern for the welfare of others!!!